The Awana Clubs are an international discipleship-based ministry that partners with local churches, assisting them in their pursuit of
reaching and discipling young people for God's Kingdom.
Sunday Nights @ 5:00 p.m.
AWANA Commander - Phil Leitner
Puggles recognizes the learning ability of TWO YEAR OLDS by introducing Biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home. Toddlers love having their very own Awana Club just like their older siblings.
In Puggles, children are welcomed each week with play time, songs and simple crafts and activities. Leaders present age-appropriate lesosns using large, colorful teaching cards, finger puppet plays and more. Lessons teach and reinforce four basic Biblical precepts:
- God Made Everything
- God Saw That It Was Good
- God is Love
- Give Thanks
The Awana club for preschoolers (ages 3 and 4) is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Awana is fun with a purpose - to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool club.
The aim of the curriculum is to take youngsters a step deeper into God’s Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
Immersing kids in God’s Word
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review 68 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine
- Clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
Fun + learning = results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Truth and Training:
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
- Interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third through sixth grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, they will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 100 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes.
For more information about AWANA International please click here.